Yorkshire Pudding

Today we feasted on roasted leg of lamb, vegetables and Yorkshire puddings! Courtesy of my husband (Wonderful Cook!!)

When we first moved to the US from England 11 years ago we had to change how we made our 'yorkshire puddings' but they can turn out perfectly with just a little adaption of the recipe.

The Trick is in the eggs!! We have our own chickens in fact a few days ago Jam found a huge double yolker which would have been perfect for our 'yorkshires'



Anyway back to our recipe:

Yorkshire Puddings

4 oz (3/4 cup) All-purpose flour
10 fl oz Milk
2 eggs ( The recipe we used in England only uses 1 however they don't rise here without the extra egg)
pinch of salt and a generous grind of pepper

Vegetable oil - to grease tin

450 F degrees for 20 min - Makes 12 Puddings

Method:

Preheat oven to 450 F degrees and heat a drop of oil in each of the 12 wells (mine were muffin tins but I keep them just for yorkshire puddings)

Mix all ingredients well (if you want you can mix it up a little early and refrigerate until use - this does seem to make better puddings)

When the oil is hot carefully pour the mixture equally between the 12 wells.




 Cook in a very hot oven for 20 minutes - Do not open the door during the cooking time or they will go flat.



Serve with meat gravy 
(goes especially good with Lamb or Beef)

Traditionally in Yorkshire, England (at my Mother in Law's house) you have these as a starter with gravy.  The first time I went for Sunday dinner I was a little worried that it was all we were eating! (Not being a Yorkshire lass myself!!)

Comments

  1. Love it! I'll have to try them sometime. Lucky you to have a husband that cooks...and is a good cook!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I never really enjoyed Yorkshire pudding growing up when my mom made them, but I know my tastes have changed over the years, so I may just have to try these.
    Would love for you to stop by and share on my weekly recipe linky, Kids and a Mom in the Kitchen.
    http://totsandme.blogspot.com/2014/01/kids-and-mom-in-kitchen-67-white-cake.html

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think!

Popular posts from this blog

HOPEFUL by Shelley Shepard Gray | Win a copy! Plus my Review

Magnificent Tales -Treasury of Bible Stories - Review and Giveaway

The Ultimate Blog Party #UBP13