Importance of Childrens Eyetests

Recently I took little Jam to the Ophthalmologist to have his vision tested. I was little concerned as I thought I saw a turn of his right eye.  After I researched this, I found out that vision problems can cause a 'lazy eye'.
The test was very easy. When we got their they sprayed a special medicine in his eye to dilate his pupils. Little Jam handled this like a pro. After a few minutes his pupils were dilated enough for the Ophthalmologist to get to work.
It only took a few minutes for us to find out that little Jam's eyesight was causing a problem +9 in the right eye and +6 in the left.
I felt terrible, especially when the Doctor showed me how bad his eyesight actually was!
I am so glad that I decided to check it out!
The Doctor went on to say that if this had been left to the mandatory testing age little Jam would have struggled with reading and other close work maybe even have behavior problems. Basically because he just wouldn't have been able to see and would obviously become frustrated!
We picked up his glasses (Hopefully 2 year-old proof!!)
He loves them!!!

Comments

  1. So cute in the glasses...glad you caught it early.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know - really scary! I was worried that we would have a problem keeping them on, but no he loves them and tells us he can see things better!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think!

Popular posts from this blog

HOPEFUL by Shelley Shepard Gray | Win a copy! Plus my Review

Magnificent Tales -Treasury of Bible Stories - Review and Giveaway

The Ultimate Blog Party #UBP13