B is for Bread Cobs

My mother in law makes the best bread cobs. She gave me the recipe and my family LOVE them. When she visits from England she makes a batch just about every day. However due to health reasons they have not been able to visit us for a while so I have to make them now and again to keep my husband happy.

I can't bake them too often as we eat ALL of them even if I double the recipe. I always double because if I am going to the effort to bake it makes sense to make more...If I am sneaky enough I put some in the freezer but they are normally all eaten before I can do that.

Here is the recipe.

Nana's Bread Cobs

1 1/2 lbs flour (4 1/4 cups)
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoon sugar
15 oz water and milk (warmed)
1 tablespoon oil
5 teaspoon dried yeast

1. Mix together - preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Knead well (I use my kitchen-aid it is the heavy duty one and I can just manage a double mixture)
3. Cover with cling film / bag and allow to rise till doubled in size. (Approx 1 hour)


4. Knead again (by hand)
5. Cut into 16 pieces (32 if doubled recipe). Shape into circles by kneading.
6. Place onto greased baking tray.


7. Cover with cling film and allow to rise again for 30 minutes. (Works best in a warm area).
8. Remove cling film and bake in preheated oven for approximately 15 minutes golden brown.
9. Eat and Enjoy.




According to my family they best eaten warm straight from the oven.

Blogging Through the Alphabet
©2011-2013 Chickensbunniesandhomeschool. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author Chickensbunniesandhomeschool.blogspot.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HOPEFUL by Shelley Shepard Gray | Win a copy! Plus my Review

Magnificent Tales -Treasury of Bible Stories - Review and Giveaway

The Ultimate Blog Party #UBP13