To Die For Blueberry Muffins

Tonight I was looking in the refrigerator and saw two huge punnets of blueberries. I was trying to think of what to make the first things that came to mind were pancakes and muffins. Since dinner was already in the oven I had no excuse to make pancakes. So Blueberry Muffins it was. I had never made them before, so of course I went straight to my recipe books laptop.


I found this recipe on allrecipes.com.



Muffin Mixture
1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoon baking powder
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
1/3 cup milk
1 cup fresh blueberries

Crumb Topping
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup butter, cubed
1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degree F. Line tin with muffin liners.
  2. Combine 1 1/2 cups flour, 3/4 cup sugar, salt, and baking powder. Place vegetable oil into a 1 cup   measuring cup; add the egg and enough milk to fill the cup. Mix this with flour mixture. Fold in blueberries. Fill muffin cups right to the top, and sprinkle with crumb topping.
  3. To make Crumb Topping: Mix together 1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, 1/4 cup butter, and 1 1/2 teaspoons of cinnamon. Mix with fork, and sprinkle over muffins before baking.
  4. Bake for 20-25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until done.

I doubled the recipe and it make 12 large muffins and 11 mini muffins. I filled them completely to the top. They turned out great. My husband bought a blueberry muffin from Einstein Bagels last week and guess what...he says these ones were better.

Don't believe us...try them for yourselves.

©2011-2013 Chickensbunniesandhomeschool. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author Chickensbunniesandhomeschool.blogspot.com

Comments

  1. Yum! My kids would love these! I've pinned the recipe, and I can't wait to make them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think!

Popular posts from this blog

HOPEFUL by Shelley Shepard Gray | Win a copy! Plus my Review

Magnificent Tales -Treasury of Bible Stories - Review and Giveaway

The Ultimate Blog Party #UBP13