Clued in Kids {TOS Review}

Do you like treasure hunts? I know we do, what I don't like is the preparation. This year Boo wanted to give Captain America a treasure hunt for his birthday. It seemed like a fun idea. So when we were offered a review from Clued in Kids. We were lucky enough to be sent two different treasure hunts to try. We received Pirate Treasure Hunt Clue Book in the mail and a PDF copy of Multiplication Dragons Treasure Hunts 2x - 6x.

Captain America had a birthday coming up so I planned to use that treasure hunt at his birthday party. So I kept that one safe for a while. However we used the multiplication one straight away.

These treasure hunts are so easy to use. I loved the printed pirate one, but honestly the PDF file was SO easy. So let me tell you how we used these.

Multiplication Dragons Treasure Hunts ($19.99 1-10 kids recommended ages 7-9)

I printed the PDF file for the 2X tables first. Since Captain America is the only child that really needs to practice his 2X tables as Jam and Boo have them down :) So I enlisted Boo's help with this treasure hunt. In fact enlisting her help is probably underestimating what she did. In fact I handed her the printed treasure hunt and BOOM! Within 10 minutes she was running around the house helping Captain America solve the clues (after taking all of 5 minutes to set it up!)

Captain America LOVED the treasure hunt, at first he was a little concerned with the concept of multiplication but by the time he had finished the hunt he completely understood the concept.

It literally takes just a few minutes to separate the clues and hide them. Boo liked the fact that you don't have to think up the clues or hiding places. All of that is done for you and so it really is as simple as print, cut, hide, and find.

I used the 3x, 4x, 5x, and 6x table treasure hunts as a fun review with the big kids. Captain America thought is was fun too. These will be a great spur of the moment activity next time I have some of our home-school friends over - bonus 10 minute set up!


Clued In KidsReview

Pirate Treasure Hunt ($8.99 for 1-10 kids ages 4 and up)


Now for my FAVORITE treasure hunt. I guess comparing a multiplication treasure hunt with a pirate one is not really fair. Plus we used this for Captain America's 6th birthday party, which was awesome. Of course I have some great pictures. Again I can't really claim that I did much of this one either. It is awesome having older kids - Boo loved helping with the party and was so excited that I let her have free reign over this hunt. She set it up, again in about 10 minutes. When it was time to do the treasure hunt I let her have the fun of running around with the kids.

This treasure hunt had the kids running around the house, completing dot to dot puzzles and checking the mailbox. The fact that their party goody bags were our treasure was an added bonus!

Of course I couldn't resist taking a ton of pictures, Boo even dressed up for the occasion. We decorated pirate style, including the cup-cakes.


You can check out the Clued in Kids  blog. They have some giveaways and a huge selection of PDF and printed treasure hunts available. If you sign up for their newsletter you can get a free homework treasure hunt.

There are some other really cool treasure hunts that were reviewed by the crew. Click the link below to check them out!

Click to read Crew Reviews
Crew Disclaimer

©2011-2014 Chickensbunniesandhomeschool. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author Chickensbunniesandhomeschool.blogspot.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HOPEFUL by Shelley Shepard Gray | Win a copy! Plus my Review

Magnificent Tales -Treasury of Bible Stories - Review and Giveaway

The Ultimate Blog Party #UBP13