Knowledge Quest Sacagawea Book - Review

 photo 61867_10151551915578243_1408297526_n_zpsc18fa83b.png 

Boo loves to read.  So when we were given the chance to review a book about Sacagawea from Knowledge Quest I jumped at the chance. My son Jam had read a book about Lewis and Clark last year and so we were quite familiar with the general story. However we didn't realize how much we didn't know about Sacagawea. To say we loved this book is an understatement. Boo and I read it separately and discussed it as we went along. There are words in the text that are hyper- linked to help you with understanding. I don't want to give away too much of the story line... but did you know that Sacagawea was stolen from her family and then sold as a slave. Did you know she was only 16 when she played such a vital role in the Lewis and Clark Expedition, with a new-born son.
 photo SacagaweaBook_zps004a015c.jpg

I asked Boo what she thought "I really loved it. It was really interesting."

This book really sparked an interest in Boo. A couple of nights after finishing the book. Boo and I were at home alone. I asked her if she wanted to watch something together. "Sure, can you find a documentary on Sacagwea".

This book was originally written and released in four episodes but Boo would have been mortified if I had made her wait in between each one. It definitely reads well as one book.

This book is available for $4.97 here.
We loved this book but don't just take our word for it check out what others on the review are saying here.




 photo DisclaimerGraphic1_zpsf612f371.gif


 ©2011-2013 Chickensbunniesandhomeschool. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author Chickensbunniesandhomeschool.blogspot.com

Comments

  1. I agree! Saying we loved it is an understatement! It really left us reflecting on what she went through and endured in her life. She really is an amazing woman!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think!

Popular posts from this blog

HOPEFUL by Shelley Shepard Gray | Win a copy! Plus my Review

Magnificent Tales -Treasury of Bible Stories - Review and Giveaway

The Ultimate Blog Party #UBP13