Life with out a school room

We have been homeschooling for nearly two years. I can't believe how time has flown. Jam would be finishing up 6th grade if he was still in Public School and Boo would be finishing up 4th.

I have spent a lot of time drooling over the 'school rooms' found all over the Internet on various home school blogs and part of me wishes we had one. However I don't think ours would look like a lot of the others. Here is a list of some of the things I would love in a school room.

1. A window seat - big and soft with lots of cushions.
2. A table for art projects
3. Bookshelves
4. Sofa - with recliners
5. bean bags
6. Computers, printer, scanner

After looking through this list I realized the only thing I don't have is my longed for window seat. (I have ALWAYS wanted one of those. Like the one Jane Eyre was hidden behind at the beginning of the story.

The only thing we need more of is bookshelves and I have yet to meet a home school that doesn't.

As for a special room - yes it would be nice but we have a pretty cool set up and the kids love it.





The things we can't do without;

Each other :)
Laptops (and Internet)
Printer (and paper)
Zoo pass
Paints and Paper
Glue Sticks (Yes I will be buying more than last year)
Books
Folders
Pencils (because apparently we each lose on everyday)
Crayons (because they only work right when they are new)
Markers (again they go in the same black hole as the pencils)
Pencil Sharpener (We ended up attaching an old school one in the garage - works like a charm - and doesn't get lost.)
I am participating in the Carnival of Homeschooling # 382 hosted by Teach Beside Me check out the other posts here. I know I will be.


©2011-2013 Chickensbunniesandhomeschool. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author Chickensbunniesandhomeschool.blogspot.com

Comments

  1. Just popped over to have a bit of a stalk after chatting with you on the forum today! Looking forward to learning more about you and your fam. My daughter, Jemimah, is doing AO6 as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to meet you!! Thanks for your help earlier :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think!

Popular posts from this blog

HOPEFUL by Shelley Shepard Gray | Win a copy! Plus my Review

Magnificent Tales -Treasury of Bible Stories - Review and Giveaway

The Ultimate Blog Party #UBP13